“The health and well-being of Florida’s families is the clearest indicator as to the future success of our state,” says Governor Jeb Bush, who has formed the Governor’s Strengthening Families Initiative.
The initiative is designed to promote the health and well-being of Florida’s families through collaboration among state agencies, businesses, faith and community-based organizations and nonprofits. The initiative is managed by the Volunteer Florida Foundation.
Key objectives of this initiative include:
- Assist parents in understanding how to improve their child's education
- Increase adoptions to find permanent families for children
- Support efforts to support families issues in the workplace
Program focus to date includes:
- Working in partnership with state agencies to develop a culture that supports strengthening families
- Increasing adoptions for children in foster care, via leadership in the No Place Like Home adoption campaign, through collaboration with the Florida Department of Children & Families